Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 26th 2016


I need to go back a couple of days. I try and update people on my facebook but need to do it on here also.  First Everything went perfect getting here. It is even nicer than I thought it would be and the staff are great here. I love the apt we are staying at also. Ive already made some life long friends. There are 15 other pairs of people having HSCT done also. Day 1 they put us all in a room and went over everything. They answered every question we could think of. I highly recommend Mexico HSCT for anyone trying to decide where to get it done at.  Mexico also gives you Wifi and a landline go call home on. The staff takes really great care of you.



I'm going to talk about today April 26th. We spent the whole day testing to make sure we can take chemo and do this. Everything from blood work, urine, lung test, xray etc. I met with a heart doctor. The best part was I spent about 1 hour with a great Neur doctor. He really study my MRIs and me up close. He told me that I need a right leg/foot brace that it would help me.  He said that I am progressive but gave me a EDSS score of between 4 to 4.5, which was great. I thought I was about a 6. There are all kinds of different levels of MS here. Some in wheelchairs and edss from 7.0 to 2.0 I would say. It is a reminder of who bless I am to be able to stop this while I can still walk some.

No comments:

Post a Comment